Damian Clark is an Australian stand up comedian with an astoundingly energetic stage presence. Having lived in the UK for four years now, Clark has perfected a skill for dissecting elements of British culture and pointing out their absurdities. This comedian is certainly one to experience in a live comedy setting.
To find out more about Damian, I asked him these seven questions…
1) Where does your passion for comedy come from?
My passion for comedy started with watching The Muppets, Looney Tunes & Tex Avery Cartoons. A mouse hitting a cat in the butt with a plank of wood will always be funny to me.
2) What did you most enjoy about living in Australia?
Meat pies, choc milk, iced coffee, Cherry Ripes & Cheese Twisties.
3) Is there such thing as wasted time?
Probably but it’s one of my favourite things to do. All the best paintings start with a blank canvas… just dunno where to find a brush.
4) Do you have any tricks for maintaining energy on stage?
Keep talking about stuff that makes you excited or angry and the energy will be there. Delusion is also a great tool.
5) What is your worst character trait?
Being a drunk is probably my best and worst trait at the same time. Waiting outside an early house pub to open at 6:30am is both legendary and sad.
6) What do you miss about your life as it was ten years ago?
My life 10 years ago seems exactly the same as it is now, I ate a LOT more McDonald’s then though. Miss all those burgers.
7) Are you in control?