Twins are Jack Barry and Annie McGrath, a sketch duo known for their silly and childish style of comedy that epitomises the idea of escapism within entertainment. These two make a marvellous pair, with their contrasting personalities producing an interesting comedic energy within performance, and with elements of surrealism and absurdity giving their material a refreshing twist. Barry and McGrath bring their latest show Two Balls In A Bag to this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
To find out more, I asked Twins these seven questions…
1) What annoys you most about your sketch partner?
AM: He’s lazy, he’s hungover, he’s late, he forgets everything, he can’t read, he can’t write.
JB: Nothing. I like Annie.
2) What is the most rewarding aspect of sketch comedy, for you?
AM: All that sweet ca$h we earn.
JB: The laughs on all the little babies’ faces.
3) Do you read your horoscope?
AM: No, I read Jack’s.
JB: And I read Annie’s.
4) North or South?
AM: Actually, can I change my answer to South?
JB: Actually, can I change my answer to North?
5) When was the last time you felt disappointed?
AM: Edinburgh 2015.
JB: When this interview started.
6) Are you tight with money?
AM: What money?
JB: Is there money? I’d love some money.
7) Do you think the Edinburgh Festival is the most important event in British comedy?
JB: So we’ve been told.