Fish Finger Fridays are an energetic comedy sketch trio made up of Anna Harris, Ollie Jones-Evans and Rajiv Karia. The group will be performing their free show Fun Time Friends at the Black Market throughout August.
1) What excites you most about the Edinburgh Festival?
Macaroni cheese pies. They’re everywhere and they are delicious, whoever decided to cover cheesy pasta with pastry should be knighted immediately.
2) What was your first Edinburgh show about?
Last year our debut show was a silly sketch piece about friendship and this year we’re at it again. Turns out there’s a lot of silly sketches you can write about friendship.
3) Does your comedy attract a certain type of audience?
Usually very sexy people. Everyone in our audience is extremely good looking so if I were you, I’d come down and check it out. It would reflect really well on you.
4) What is the worst experience you’ve had with Edinburgh accommodation?
In 2013 we shared 2 bedrooms with 13 people. It was the first time I slept in a suitcase and I’m pleased to say, it wasn’t my last. Once you go pack, you never go back.
5) What is your most treasured memory of your comedy career so far?
I have to say, seeing our poster behind a bin at the Brighton Fringe Festival was a really emotional moment to me. I don’t think anything will top that.
6) What show will you definitely be seeing at the festival this year?
We’re really excited to see Jon Pointing’s show ‘Act Natural’. We saw a 30 min work in progress and it was a stupid funny.
7) What do you hope to gain from the Edinburgh Festival this year?
Hopefully 3-4 inches around my middle. Those macaroni cheese pies won’t eat themselves!
8) What do you imagine your last ever show will be about?
We’ve signed a deal to do really bad shows at each other’s funerals dramatising our lives. We’re just hoping we don’t die together in a horrific accident, who would entertain the guests?