Lou Conran is a very popular voice on the stand up circuit, which is why she was named MoodyComedy’s Comedian of the Month in March. Perhaps known best for her excellent MC skills and for her work writing for Standard Issue, Lou is a comic that most will find hard to dislike. She is uncompromising and unafraid of judgement, yet friendly, open and real. And on top of all this, Lou is endeavouring to raise £50,000 for the Saying Goodbye charity that supports parents suffering the loss of a baby, in birth or infancy. There is more information about how you can help Lou make a difference here.
I asked Lou these seven questions to find out more about her…
1) How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Boiled. Eggs are a serious business. I once ate 24 in two weeks and had to have colonic irrigation to clear the blockage.
2) How do you propose we solve the issue of global warming?
Take your jumper off silly.
3) How would you fare in a zombie apocalypse?
I like the element of risk, but I’d definitely be first to be eaten.
4) Do your family find you funny?
Disturbed I think rather than funny.
5) If you could say one sentence to Donald Trump, what would it be?
Doesn’t that Velcro fringe itch?
6) What should we all do at least once in our lives?
Contrary to what a previous boyfriend suggested I should do at least once, I’d say the thing that you fear doing, do it. What’s the worst that could happen? (Apart from death but then at least you’d not have bills to pay, and you’d lose weight….)
7) Do you prefer being an MC or performing straight stand up?
I love MCing, which is what I do most of. But on the rare occasion I get to do a set I get stupidly nervous, but find it a bit more exhilarating, but either or really. I just love doing it.
Support Lou Conran’s fundraising challenge here.