Click “Read More” to read the interview transcript.
1) Would you consider yourself a fashion icon?
Not particularly. I have ploughed my own furrow- although the glasses are currently in fashion, about a year ago the shoes were- but never all at the same time. I just wore the big collar first because I liked it!
2) Where does your interest in mattresses come from?
I noticed a lot in the street and wanted to learn their stories. So I lived amongst them for a while and they were very welcoming. I now collect photos of them to share their plight with the world.
3) Which animal is the worst and why?
The hedgehog because they deliberately burst my paddling pool.
4) Why did you exchange being a man of medicine for comedy?
I wasn’t happy as a doctor. I found it hard and comedy much easier- although everyone has bad gigs occasionally.
5) Which age is the best age to be and why?
32 because you’re discovering it all for the first time, you know where you want go, you’re fit and have nearly sorted out what you’re good at.
6) What is the most important thing to you?
7) Have you got any words of wisdom for us?
– Life isn’t a competition.
– Have fun.
– Don’t forget to enjoy the process as much as the result.