Carl Hutchinson is a charming stand up comedian who has in the past been described as “uniquely stubborn, outright impractical and undeniably hilarious,” and having previously supported fellow Northern comic Chris Ramsey on tour, his name is becoming an ever more popular one. Carl is currently adding the finishing touches to his latest show Learning The Ropes, which he will perform at this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
To learn a little more, I asked Carl these seven questions…
1) Would Britain benefit from having a siesta?
I certainly would, when I was a teacher I always said if I could start at 10 I’d be much more productive, poor kids.
2) Are you a responsible adult?
Yes, I wash dishes and everything.
3) How nervous were you before your first gig?
4) Would you say you’re obsessive?
No, I mean Yes, wait No, Yes? I don’t know, let me count to 107 and I’ll let you know then.
5) Which sport shouldn’t exist?
Snooker, televised Snooker.
6) Do you want to stand out or fit in?
It really depends on the situation.
7) Why is comedy important to you?
It was my entertainment as a child, my escape when I was an adolescent & my living as an adult. It’s always been my passion.